What is Forest School?
Forest School is an educational approach to outdoor learning and is designed to encourage and inspire all individuals through positive outdoor experiences.
Children can learn about the natural environment, use their own initiative to solve problems, work closely with others and handle their own risks.
Why should my child take part in Forest Schools?
Research has shown that Forest School programmes result in the following:
- Improved self esteem
- Improved physical and motor skills
- Improved social skills, including team working
- Increased motivation and concentration
- Improved speaking and listening skills
- Enhanced holistic development
- Enhanced awareness of risk taking and thinking skills
- Greater understanding in classroom based activities
- Fewer coughs and colds as germs are spread less easily outdoors
Where will it take place?
The Forest School sessions will take place at The Henleaze Hideaway, Eastfield Terrace, Henleaze.
When will my child be taking part?
Each child will have the opportunity to take part in Forest School which will be held on a Monday afternoon. Forest School will take place in all weather conditions. It will only be cancelled in high winds, thunderstorms or when the temperature is below -5 C. Children MUST be dressed appropriately for the weather.
To find out more, please visit the Forest School Website: www.hideawayforest.com